Friday, November 11, 2016

What I'm gonna do?

This post is about heirloom matters.
I'm gonna tell you my recent experiences.



Are you being clueless on what to do after someone in your family dies?
Me either! I got my puzzled questions unsolved for months yet I had to settle them down as soon as possible. For Ayah's sake of course. And I got only myself to find the answers. sobs.

Don't take too much time on grieving for your loss dear. Yeah, I admit I was in that situation back then, but I realized that I've wasted too much time. Anyway life has to be move on. Here I got some tips on how to manage the affairs related to your deceased family member; based on my own experiences.

#The funeral day.

   Even on our death day take us some costs, included the funeral preparation and the fee of the grave sites. We can report the death to the nearest hospital or police station to get the burying permit for the funeral arrangements. The death certificate then can be claim at the National Registrar Department (JPN) after the death declaration. This is important step to do because people could not be able to excess or abuse the information of the deceased person as it is no longer valid in the system of any agencies; except the beneficiaries.

# The debts.
 
    Make sure right after the funeral, find the person who had connection with the deceased during their lifetime; especially the relatives. This is the best time to ask for forgiveness on behalf of the deceased since you got their sympathy for your loss. As a Muslim and the beneficiary of the deceased, we must manage the things that left behind by the deceased. Ask them if the deceased had any debt from them and if they so, make sure you checked the background the person involve as you might be deceived or took for granted.

# The possessions.

     Buildings, vehicles, cash and any other belongings of the deceased have to be manage as soon as possible. Most cases in Malaysia got unsolved down to the third generation which they couldn't handle it; because lack of evidence plus things getting complicated after some layered death of the beneficiaries. These possessions have to be declared to get administrative authority letter before you can name them under the beneficiaries. You have a choice between Amanah Raya Berhad or Pusaka Kecil (under Pejabat Tanah dan Galian) to manage the properties properly. Surely they got you a certain charge on the process, but as long as the things get settled down for good. It would be worth than to do it all by yourself because the process does takes a long time though.

For more info, visit http://www.arb.com.my/bm/index.asp (Amanah Raya Berhad) or
https://www.jkptg.gov.my/ms (Pusaka Kecil).

# The claims.

   If the deceased person had make any insurance or membership that offers a claim over the death of the holders, you can claim it as a beneficiary. But remember, these claims have expiry date which stands only a few months after the death date. So, be alert and to be safe, check the deceased name throughout any possible agencies system if you are unsure about it.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment